Bikes are loved by many; they are not merely a mode of commutation; rather, they are a mark of speed and adventure. There are probably hundreds of varieties of bikes of different genres. Riding bike already is a fun-filled recreation to add more colour in fun we have accessories. Choosing the right bike accessory is equally important as is choosing the right model of bike. Previously there were a couple of things to be considered as accessories like helmet, bell, and a carrier box to conclude with, but the 21st century has gone wild with accessory. There are things now which were never associated with bicycling are considered as an accessory like GPS, taillights, smart helmets, etc. The list is wide, but we will discuss some most exciting and useful items which are available in stores right now.
Fun Bike Accessories:
- Bike helmets: The first bike accessory are the helmets have gone through a chain of evolution from simple protection gear to smart helmet with led lights on the back. Helmets come with many materials now which are lightweight and as well as strong to protect the rider. The most expensive one comes with carbon fibre.
- Commuter backpack: Previously a front or a back carrier was a trend for things to be carried while riding now backpacks are the norm. Backpack has gone trendy, smart & good looking yet spacious. Backpack can hold laptops, work files, and even food or camping items for long and off-road biking.
- Saddle bags: Though this idea is retro but has made a comeback but look awfully trendy and cool. This is usually around hard box made by leather or similar kind of material screwed behind the saddle to hold little things of convenience.
- Bike taillights: Previously bikes were given just a reflective sticker in the rear end as rear light to do with. But now companies are offering an exciting range of LED red lights to be either hung from the saddle or screwed or pasted in the rear mudguard or the frame.
- GPS: GPS is no longer the things of cars; you can find them for bikes as well. In fact, there are different types of GPS systems compatible with different bike models available in the market. Companies with ranges of product offerings starting from display unit with Bluetooth connected with your phone to a standalone GPS unit with a voice command. Now you can venture out in the unknown without the fear of getting lost.
- Insulated Water bottles: To sip in cool or warm water or coffee through the journey you can attach not but two or three bottles in the inner frame according to bike design. These bottles keep your fluid hot or cold for as long as 12 hours.
- Gloves: You can find special bikers’ gloves. With Knuckles, high-quality materials for insulations as well as accident protection, led lights with batteries which serves the purpose of indicator as well as sidelights.
- Clothing: It also forms an important bike accessory. This section alone covers a wide range from sports aerodynamic clothing to rugged mountain bike clothing the range is huge. Even jackets available for city riding is getting smart with infused led, batteries and Bluetooth devices more are excuses to look for a bike ride.
- Locks: Lock now is simple any more to pick, they have evolved with variation with tire locks and handle locks now we have something called chain lock which is difficult to pick or break.
- Lights: Lights were always there, but now we have a range of lights which are way exciting like apart from front and taillight we have sticker led lights which can be stuck in tires to give an awesome look.
Choosing the Right Bike Accessory:
There are various other bike accessories that you can find in the market, but what is important is that you must choose the one which is made of good quality and must adhere to the quality standards. This becomes paramount when you are buying a helmet, gloves, and locks. Do not miss to compare the pricing and checking the reviews and ratings of bike accessory before making a purchase.