Waste bins or dustbins are important for proper waste disposal. People have become more aware of personal hygiene and health, and waste bins play a key role. They are used for disposing of medical waste and other pharma waste. It is also advised not to touch the surface, as the coronavirus can survive for longer hours on metallic and plastic surfaces. Hence, there is a greater demand for pedal bins. These are specially designed bins that eliminate the need to touch the bins. You can use their pedal to open or close the bins.
Whether it is home or hospital, you can use these types of bins for better hygiene and proper waste disposal. Using waste bins with a pedal and cover reduces the probability of the spread of pathogens. Also, it is important to choose the right size and quality of waste bins to ensure that there is no overflow of waste, and the waste bin also lasts longer.
These waste bins with lids are used in hospitals for disposing of plaster casts, cotton swabs, needles, blood bags, syringes, and needles. Hence, you need to choose some bins which are designed for medical waste.
You can find stainless steel pedal bins and plastic bins. The stainless steel bins are far more durable and long-lasting as compared to plastic bins. Hence, you must choose the best quality bins.
Do’s of using the pedal bin:
One has to be extra cautious when it comes to using various things during the time of the pandemic. Whether you are taking care of a Covid-19 patient at home or in the hospital, there is a certain protocol that you need to maintain. It will prevent the spread of coronavirus. Here are the important points:
- Always use the bin with a lid, and the pedal bins are the best for it.
- Put the garbage bags into the bin, and make sure that waste is not overflowing. Once the bag gets full, you must tie it properly and then dispose of it.
- Use a separate bin for disposing of tissue and other disposable cloth.
- Dispose of your household waste separately and you can use a separate bin for the same.
- For covid patients, you must have a separate pedal bin. Also, keep the pedal bin away from the reach of other people in the house. You must wear a PPE kit while you clean these bins.
Don’ts of using pedal bin:
Before you go ahead and read it, we request you not to take this matter lightly. The coronavirus is a highly infectious virus. It is advisable that you must be using things with extra caution, even when it comes to using waste bins. Here are the key points that you should remember:
- Don’t keep the waste bin open; even when you are using pedal bins, then you should ensure that the lid is properly closed.
- You should not dispose of the waste in the open. Always use the best quality garbage bags in the bins.
- Never keep the trash bin dirty and clean your bins on regular basis. If possible then you must sanitize your bins.
- If you are using the bin for disposing of the waste of a covid-19 patient, then it must be kept aside for at least 3 days before disposing of it.
As we have mentioned in the beginning, there are different types of bins in the market; they are available in different designs and capacities. If you plan to buy one for yourself, you must check your requirements and invest in the best quality bins. They must be durable and long-lasting.