In view of the pandemic and rising number of cases in the USA across different states, Marc Swanson Interim Chief Executive Officer SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. issued a statement.
Here is an Important Update From SeaWorld’s CEO about the upcoming period.
As part of our continued commitment to the safety of our guests and Ambassadors, and in accordance with the Regional Stay At Home order issued by the State of California, we are temporarily closing SeaWorld San Diego. This temporary closure is effective December 7th and will remain in place until the Southern California Region’s zoos am permitted to reopen.
During this time, our veterinarians and animal care experts will continue to provide the animals that call SeaWorld San Diego home the same high level of care Our animal rescue and rehabilitation operations will also continue to conduct their important work that is a hallmark of our company.
We are monitoring this evolving COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation closely and coordinating mph public health officials. We look forward to welcoming our valued guests back to our park soon.
What We Are Doing for Our Valued Guests
We want to sincerely thank you for your loyalty and understanding. We recognize that the temporary closure of SeaWorld San Diego may cause disruption or inconvenience, so please take a moment to learn more about what we are doing to help our valued Pass Members, Fun Card holders, and ticket holders.
• For guests who purchased SeaWorld San Diego Annual Passes on or after August 24, 2020: Effective immediately, we will be automatically extending all active Annual Passes for the amount of time the park will be temporarily closed, starting on December 7, 2020. No action is required on your part at this time.
• For guests who purchased SeaWorld San Diego Annual Passes on or before August 23, 2020: All benefits and Annual Pass extensions communicated earlier in September are still applicable. No action is required on your part at this time.
• For guests who have a 2021 SeaWorld San Diego Fun Card: We hope to resume our operations soon, and all active Fun Cards will continue to be valid through the end of 2021.
• For guests with an upcoming visit date to SeaWorld San Diego using single-day tickets: Once SeaWorld San Diego reopens, all guests with unused tickets will be able to reschedule their visit to the park through the end of 2021.
• For guests who have reserved date-specific SeaWorld San Diego experiences: All guests will be able to reschedule their reserved experiences once SeaWorld San Diego reopens with a penalty-free rebooking window available through the end of 2021.
We are committed to the health and safety of our guests, Ambassadors, and animals in our care and look forward to welcoming you back to SeaWorld San Diego again soon. You can obtain the latest information on park operations by reading the FAQ page on our website.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at SWC.GuestRelations©seaworld.com. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Until then, we hope you’re staying safe and staying home. Plus don’t forget to check out our amazing educational resources and fun SeaWorld @Home activities available online for you and your family to connect with the wonders of SeaWorld from home while we’re temporarily closed.