The English-medium MBBS programmes offered Study MBBS in China are the most affordable and competitive in the world. Due to this, it is currently one of the countries where overseas students who wish to study medicine are flocking.
Statistics show that in recent years, China has emerged as one of the most sought-after locations for medical research. More than 10,000 students came to China to study medicine last year, the majority of them chose an MBBS programme taught in English. You might be wondering why they chose China without hesitation as the beginning of their medical careers. Before continuing, be sure to read our Ultimate Guide to Studying in China, which includes information on living expenses, COVID updates, and other policies.
As of 2020, the Chinese Ministry of Education listed 45 medical institutes that are permitted to provide MBBS programmes in China that are taught in English. Ready to enrol in one of these institutions? Let’s first discuss in detail what to anticipate when you apply for the programme!
Update for COVID-19
More international students are eager to Study MBBS in China, and it is become more competitive, as a result of the global pandemic and China’s quick response to and successful management of COVID-19.
Every week, we add fresh information on the dates that students can enter China to a Covid-19 Update tracker that we maintain.
Program Overview for MBBS
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery is referred to as MBBS. One of the most sought-after undergraduate degrees both in China and internationally is this one.
Facts to Know About MBBS in China Duration: 5-6 years; 45 medical schools in China provide English-taught MBBS programmes; each programme offers 50-100 seats each year; and these programmes are accredited by the World Health Organization.
In China, the majority of medical schools provide a 6-year MBBS degree. For five years of classroom instruction, you must obtain a strong foundation in medicine. For the last year, you complete a hospital internship to hone your clinical abilities.
Here is an example of a Chinese MBBS curriculum.
The Benefits of MBBS in China
1) Affordable Tuition for High-Quality Education
Modern medicine is a discipline in which China is a world leader. Numerous of its medical schools are also listed among the top 500 medical schools worldwide. Chinese MBBS programmes are comparable to Western MBBS degrees since they are created in accordance with international standards.
The low cost of tuition is the best feature of medical education in China. Compared to those in Western nations, it is 70% less expensive. Additionally, there are a tonne of options for grants and scholarships.
2) Rapid application procedure
No other country in the world offers MBBS admissions with the simplicity that China does. The eligibility requirements are straightforward and are easily compiled by students. Additionally, there is no entrance exam needed for international students to study MBBS! You avoid the time-consuming admissions processes and challenging competition. China Admissions can offer you further assistance with paperwork preparation. Find out more here.
3) International Recognition
The World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Medical Education Directory both acknowledge China’s MBBS programmes (IMED). Chinese MBBS graduates are also qualified to sit various national medical screening exams around the world.
These and other factors are why foreign students decide to study medicine in China! Find out everything about them in this piece.
Information on Admissions to Study MBBS in China
Make sure you first fulfil all of the prerequisites listed below in order to successfully study MBBS in China:
A. Requirements for Eligibility
• A score of at least 70% in math, physics, chemistry, and biology (PCB). Students must be at least 18 years old at the time of application, have completed high school, have a minimum math score of 70%, and specifically have an excellent average grade in biology to increase their acceptance rate. Applicants must also have reliable financial support to cover the cost of their studies and living in China.
B. Application Process in 3 Steps
1) Find MBBS programmes, then select the apply option.
2) Upload the necessary paperwork, then wait for entrance approval. You will receive an invitation letter if you are selected.
3) Pay the necessary fees, apply for your visa, and get ready to enrol in an MBBS programme in China!
C. MBBS Easy Application Service
Want to apply for MBBS in China but avoid the difficult and time-consuming application process? The application procedure can be made simpler and more efficient using China Admissions’ MBBS Application Service. You can obtain a tonne of benefits at a very low cost, such as: • Priority application processing; • Free one-on-one consultations.
Timely feedback, at least one MBBS programme acceptance guarantee, and more!
Where can I use my Chinese MBBS degree?
Which nations acknowledge Chinese medical degrees? There are actually lots of opportunities available to you around the world if you complete your MBBS in China and graduate with honours. To obtain a licence to practise, you only need to pass the appropriate medical exams in each country, such as:
- Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS), Medical Council of India (MCI), Medical and Dental Council of Pakistan (PMDC), Council for Medical and Dental Professions, Medical Professions Council of South Africa
- The UK’s Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB)
- Caribbean Association of Medical Councils; • United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) (CAMC)